Since Donald Trump’s inauguration in January, quite a few high-ranking Russian officers have been discovered useless beneath suspicious circumstances, together with one other one on Saturday.
Vladimir Evdokimov, government director for Russia’s area company Roscosmos, was found useless by investigators who say he had two stab wounds on his physique.
Evdokimov, 56, was discovered in his jail cell the place he was being held on fees of embezzling 200 million rubles ($three.1 million) from the MiG aerospace firm.
As we noted beforehand, six Russian diplomats have died within the final three months – all however one died on international soil. Some have been shot, whereas different causes of loss of life are unknown. Note that a number of deaths have been labeled “heart attacks” or “brief illnesses.”
1. You in all probability bear in mind Russia’s Ambassador to Turkey, Andrei Karlov — he was assassinated by a police officer at a photograph exhibit in Ankara on December 19.
2. On the identical day, one other diplomat, Peter Polshikov, was shot useless in his Moscow residence. The gun was discovered beneath the toilet sink however the circumstances of the loss of life have been beneath investigation. Polshikov served as a senior determine within the Latin American division of the Foreign Ministry.
three. Russia’s Ambassador to the United Nations, Vitaly Churkin, died in New York this previous week. Churkin was rushed to the hospital from his workplace at Russia’s UN mission. Initial reviews stated he suffered a coronary heart assault, and the health worker is investigating the loss of life, in line with CBS.
four. Russia’s Ambassador to India, Alexander Kadakin, died after a “transient sickness January 27, which The Hindu stated he had been affected by for a number of weeks.
5. Russian Consul in Athens, Greece, Andrei Malanin, was discovered useless in his residence January 9. A Greek police official stated there was “no proof of a break-in.” But Malanin lived on a closely guarded road. The explanation for loss of life wanted additional investigation, per an AFP report. Malanin served throughout a time of easing relations between Greece and Russia when Greece was more and more critiqued by the EU and NATO.
6. Ex-KGB chief Oleg Erovinkin, who was suspected of serving to draft the Trump file, was discovered useless at the back of his automobile December 26, in line with The Telegraph. Erovinkin additionally was an aide to former deputy prime minister Igor Sechin, who now heads up state-owned Rosneft.
If we return additional than three months…
7. On the morning of U.S. Election Day, Russian diplomat Sergei Krivov was discovered unconscious on the Russian Consulate in New York and died on the scene. Initial reviews stated Krivov fell from the roof and had blunt drive accidents, however Russian officers stated he died from a coronary heart assault. BuzzFeed reviews Krivov could have been a Consular Duty Commander, which might have put him answerable for stopping sabotage or espionage.
eight. In November 2015, a senior adviser to Putin, Mikhail Lesin, who was additionally the founding father of the media firm RT, was discovered useless in a Washington resort room in line with the NYT. The Russian media stated it was a “heart attack,” however the health worker stated it was “blunt force injuries.”
9. If you return a number of months prior in September 2016, Russian President Vladimir Putin’s driver was killed too in a freak automobile accident whereas driving the Russian President’s official black BMW so as to add to the madness.
If you embrace these three extra deaths that’s a complete of 9 Russian officers which have died over the previous 2 years… till at the moment…
As AP reports, a prime official of Russia’s area company has been discovered useless in a jail the place he was being held on fees of embezzlement.
A spokeswoman for Russia’s Investigative Committee, Yulia Ivanova, instructed the state information company RIA Novosti that the 11 different folks in Vladimir Evdokimov’s cell have been being questioned.
Investigators discovered two stab wounds on Evdokimov’s physique, however no dedication had been made from whether or not they have been self-inflicted.
Evdokimov, 56, was the chief director for high quality management at Roscosmos, the nation’s spaceflight and analysis company.
He was jailed in December on fees of embezzling 200 million rubles ($three.1 million) from the MiG aerospace firm.
So, whereas motive is unclear in all of those circumstances, that brings the full variety of useless Russian officers prior to now two years to 10. Probably nothing…